Dr. Sauer & Partners' Ali Nasekhian and Bethan Haig will present part of an Engineers Ireland course to introduce the concepts and methods of conventional sprayed concrete tunnelling in soft ground to practicing engineers. Delegates will learn about the design principles, key elements of urban tunnelling and identifying risks to the contractors, operators and third parties associated with tunnelling.
The course will cover:
• Various tunnelling methods in soft ground,
• Fundamental design principles of soft ground tunnelling and associated analytical tools,
• Fundamental principles of ground movement induced by tunnelling, impact assessment on third party assets and mitigation measures,
• Construction setup and cycles for conventional tunnelling and temporary support measures,
• Quality control process, risk management and site supervision,
• Waterproofing systems.
Please use this link to register for this course.